18 August 2013

Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan by Marissa Carter

It’s caused quite a stir in the fake tan market recently, and I can absolutely see why! Cocoa Brown is the brain child of Irish beauty lover and guru Marissa Carter, amazingly she developed the product while on maternity leave – nothing like multitasking! The reason this tan is such a hit is because of the quick development timing, the product contains hi tech accelerating agents which claims to leave you with a golden glow after just 1 hour, you can leave it up to 3 hours for a real deep tan.
1 HOUR = Light Glow
2 Hour = Medium Glow
3 Hour = Dark Glow
I was lucky to get my hands on a sample of the 1 hour tan and couldn’t wait to get started. I read the bottle expecting some instructions, there wasn’t much to go by which reassured me it must be easy to use, normally fake tan is riddled with instructions of what to avoid and how to blend, this didn’t so I slapped it on with the Cocoa Brown mitt (Which is pink!) allowing an even applications. What I was initially surprised with was how well it blended, it really sunk well into my skins, and the mousse itself is a light brown colour so you can use it as guidance, the other thing I noticed straight away was the smell, it 100% didn’t smell of fake tan – Halleluiah! It was quite a citrusy/floral smell which was lovely, something I don’t normal say about fake tan!

The mousse is very light which as I said before, makes it very easy to blend in evenly, after applying to my whole body I waited, I was actually really impressed with the colour straight away, I would have been happy to pop to the shops with this stuff on, it dried so it wasn’t sticky and wasn’t a horrible mud colour, and no smell! It was a clean applications, there wasn’t buildup of fake tan around the bottle so I could pop it straight into my draw with no cleaning.

I waited an hour and a half and washed it off in the shower, I didn’t want to leave it for the full 3 hours as I was worried about how the colour might be, but I needn’t of, I was so impressed with the results. I was left with a gorgeous natural brown colour, no sight of any orange, even the difficult areas (Knees, elbows, hands and feet) were perfect, I didn’t have to do any fixing work or scrub anything to blend, it was all done for me.


As a qualified spray tan technician, I know a lot of fake tans, and I can honestly say this is one of the best I have used, the product is fantastic, the packaging is amazing and the price is unbelievable. I would absolutely be recommending this product to everyone who is looking for a new self-tan, its super easy to use, you really can’t go wrong. Also available from the brand is their Tough Stuff body scrub, perfect for prepping the skin and removing old tan.

For more information about Marissa Carter and where you can buy Cocoa Brown please visit the website http://www.cocoabrown.ie/



0 comments:

Post a Comment