12 February 2014

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - Mont Blanc

Since I have been coming to the end of my beloved Clinique Superbalanced foundation, I have been searching for something to replace it, I fancied a little change since I have been using Clinique since I was 16! I had read a lot of great reviews for the NARS Sheer Glow, but the name instantly put me off, Sheer is the last thing I look for in a foundation, I like to have a good matte coverage that is buildable - it was only after reading Kayleighs from Couture Girl, that I decided to give it a go.

Firstly lets get the obviously negatives out of the way. Price - £31, enough said.... and secondly, it doesn't come with a pump, I know this is an issue for a lot of people as thats an extra £3, but I seem to manage fine with a pump, my Clinique one didn't have a pump either, so I'm used to working with this problem.

Now for the great bits - this foundation is fricking amazing!!!! I cant believe it has taken me so long to try it out, the packaging is great, sleek and simple. The product applies easily and is flawless on the skin. This finish isn't what I would call completely matte, but its so buildable it really have great coverage. It buffs into the skins so effortlessly and doesn't look cakey, this is a massive thumbs up from me, as I often end up looking cakey around the nose and forehead.

It also works really well with powder on the top, it doesn't just sit on top, neither does it slip away, it somehow works with it and holds it in place for the whole day. I seem to use a fairly small amount, so it does go a long way,  but I know this is going to be a product that I can't live without, which is slightly concerning because of the high price tag - maybe I shouldn't wear it every day to make it last longer!

Overall its a big thumbs up from me, I'm really happy with this purchase and would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a good coverage, buildable matte-ish coverage foundation! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment